Safety Alert: Computer use can be monitored and it is impossible to completely clear history. If you are afraid your internet and/or computer usage might be monitored, please use a safer computer, call your local hotline, and/or call the National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-656-HOPE (4673).
Choose a resource to learn more:
Southern Arizona Center Against Sexual Assault (SACASA)
Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Arizona Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Arizona Sexual Assault Network
Arizona Rape Prevention and Education Program
National Center for Victims of Crime
- Resources library, public policy information, Teen Victim Project
US Department of Justice Office on Violence Against Women
- Information about domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking; grant programs and funding opportunities; publications; federal laws and legislation
Office of Victims of Crimes -HELP for Victims Service Providers Web Forum
- “A place where victim service providers and allied professionals can connect to peers, share ideas about best practices, and help change lives.”
- Topics such as child victims, victims with disabilities, cultural sensitivity, domestic violence, rural victimization assistance
CALCASA Prevention Connection
- “Prevention Connection: The Violence Against Women Prevention Partnership is a national project of the California Coalition Against Sexual Assault (CALCASA) to conduct web conferences, moderate a ListServ and lead on-line discussions to advance primary prevention of violence against women.”
National Network to End Violence Against Immigrant Women
- “The National Network to End Violence Against Immigrant Women is a coalition of survivors, immigrant women, advocates, activists, attorneys, educators and other professionals committed to ending violence against immigrant women.”
- Technical assistance, training materials, legal information, outreach materials, ListServs
Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network - RAINN
- National Sexual Assault Hotline, Online Hotline; Statistics; News; Information Library
- National hotline: free, confidential, 24/7: 1-800-656-HOPE (4937)
National Sexual Violence Resource Center
- “NSVRC is a comprehensive collection and distribution center for information, research and emerging policy on sexual violence intervention and prevention…coordinates National Sexual Assault Awareness Month”
Men Can Stop Rape
- “Men Can Stop Rape mobilizes male youth to prevent men’s violence against women. We build young men’s capacity to challenge harmful aspects to traditional masculinity, to value alternative visions of male strength, and to embrace their vital role as allies with women and girls in fostering health relationships and gender equity.”
-Info sheets, Resources
- Free downloads of Men of Strength campaign posters and postcards from CALCASA and mystrength.org
Family Violence Prevention Fund
- The Family Violence Prevention Fund works to prevent violence within the home, and in the community, to help those whose lives are devastated by violence because everyone has the right to live free of violence.
- Programs for children, health, immigrant women, international issues, judicial issues, public education, public policy, teens, and workplace.
- Extensive list of links for a wide variety of topics
National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- “The Mission of NCADV is to organize for collective power by advancing transformative work, thinking and leadership of communities and individuals working to end the violence in our lives.”
National Domestic Violence Hotline
- “Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 140 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.”
National Network to End Domestic Violence
- “The NNEDV, a social change organization representing state domestic violence coalitions, is dedicated to creating a social, political and economic environment in which violence against women no longer exists.”
- Information about the Violence Against Women Act
- State-by-state legal information and resources for domestic violence.
- Non-profit and legal resources for northern, southern, eastern, western, and central Arizona: http://www.womenslaw.org/AZ/AZ_links.htm
Love is Not Abuse
- “Since 1991 Liz Claiborne Inc. has been working to end domestic violence. Through its Love is Not Abuse program, the company provides information and tools that men, women, children, teen, and corporate executive can use to learn more about the issue and find out how they can help end this epidemic”
- Information and handbooks about relationship abuse, a section just for teens, and information about domestic violence in the workplace.
Love is Respect – National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline
- “Loveisrespect.org is the online home of the National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline. We're a community where you can find support and information to understand dating abuse. You can talk one-on-one with a trained advocate 24/7 who can offer support and connect you to resources. Call toll free 1-866-331-9474 or TTY 1-866-331-8453. One-on-one live chat is also available from 4-midnight Central Standard Time, 7 days a week.”
- Choose Respect is an initiative to help adolescents form healthy relationships to prevent dating abuse before it starts -Information, Games, Quizzes – very teen friendly.
Youth Outreach for Victim Assistance – Teen Victim Project
- Fact sheets for teens, parents, and friends
- In past years, in the spring, RFP for up to $3000 for teen-led projects to address violence
Prevent Child Abuse America
- “Since 1972, Prevent Child Abuse America has led the way in building awareness, providing education and inspiring hope to everyone involved in the effort to prevent the abuse and neglect of our nation's children.”
- Advocacy, research, publications, local programs
- “The mission of Childhelp is to meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of abused and neglected children. Childhelp is one of the largest and oldest national, non-profit organizations dedicated to the treatment, prevention and research of child abuse and neglect.”
- National hotline, advocacy and treatment information, training, outreach, prevention
Stop It Now!
-“We offer adults tools they can use to prevent sexual abuse - before there’s a victim to heal or an offender to punish. In collaboration with our network of community-based Stop It Now! programs, we reach out to adults who are concerned about their own or others’ sexualized behavior toward children. For more than 10 years, our national toll-free Helpline (1.888.PREVENT) has provided thousands of adults a unique outlet to confidentially voice their concerns. We provide support, information and resources that enable individuals and families to keep children safe and to create healthier communities.”
- Publications, warning signs, resource guide, national hotline
National Center on Elder Abuse
- The National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA), funded by the U.S. Administration on Aging, is a gateway to resources on elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
National Committee for the Prevention of Elder Abuse
- The mission of NCPEA is to prevent abuse, neglect, and exploitation of older persons and adults with disabilities through research, advocacy, public and professional awareness, interdisciplinary exchange, and coalition building.
Arizona Aging and Adult Administration at http://azdes.gov
Full link: https://www.azdes.gov/common.aspx?menu=36&menuc=28&id=190
Arizona Adult Protective Services at http://azdes.gov
24-Hour Hotline Statewide Toll-Free Reporting Line: 1-877-SOS-ADULT or 1-877-767-2385
Full link: https://www.azdes.gov/common.aspx?menu=620&menuc=100&id=1708