From Inmate to Citizen
Understanding the excitement, fear, and challenges when transitioning from prison into the community.
Do you have a loved one who is incarcerated?
Incarceration affects the incarcerated individual and their loved ones after release. Learn about:
- Difficulties people experience transitioning from prison into the community
- The different thinking and processing skills between someone who is incarcerated and someone who is not
- Identify differences in prison culture and daily life
- Increase awareness about generational trauma
- Keys to successful reintegration
- How to communicate with returning individuals
- How we, as a community, can help individuals return home successfully