The Center for Rural Health coordinates the state’s Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program (Flex Program). The AZ Flex goals focus on the following areas:
- Improve the quality of rural health care.
- Improve AZ-CAH financial and operational performance.
- Support health system development and community engagement.
- Enable CAH status to interestedand eligible rural hospitals
- Quality Improvement
- Health Information Technology
- Emergency Medical Services
- Operational/Financial Performance Improvement
- Information About Critical Access Hospitals and Rural Health Clinics
- Other Flex Resources
- AZ Flex Events
- AZ Flex Calendar
- AZ Flex News
Information about our new Quality Network. Access archives of the Quality Network materials, including those from Year 1 (2010) and Year 2 (2011) of the infection Prevention Collaborative.
Learn more about our operational/financial improvement initiatives and events.
Information about our Health Information Technology (HIT) User Group, which identifies best practices and shares knowledge on preparation for Meaningful Use.
Learn more about AZ Flex Program's support to EMS and rural hospital Emergency Departments.
- Level IV Trauma Center Designation
- Rural Trauma Team Development Trainings
- Partnership with ADHS, Bureau of EMS and Trauma Systems
Learn more about the Critical Access Hospitals and Rural Health Clinics in Arizona. We've catalogued and gathered information on all operating CAHs and RHCs in Arizona.
- Becoming a Critical Access Hospital
- List of Critical Access Hospitals
- Becoming a Rural Health clinic
- List of Rural Health Clinics
Repository of Flex related resources.
- ICD-10 Implementation Guide for Small Hospitals
- Effect of Swing Bed Use on Medicare Average DailyCost and Reimbursement in Critical Access Hospitals
Current calendar of AZ Flex Program events, including those sponsord by the Center for Rural Health and our partners.
An archive of all AZ Flex sponsored events with meeting infromation, agendas and materials. Includes links to webinar recordings when available.
Archive of headlines and news announcements related to CAHs and RHCs.