16th Annual EMS Odyssey Conference
AEMS is pleased to present the 16th Annual EMS Odyssey Conference on June 9-10, 2016 at the Desert Willow Conference Center in Phoenix, AZ. The primary focus of this year’s conference is on the personal health and wellness of our EMS professionals and volunteers. Many of the presentations will address personal health issues and wellness topics.
Additionally, during the first day of the conference (June 9), we will be hosting the Because We Care Health Fair. This one day special event will provide you with opportunities to visit with those who can answer questions, help you make informed decisions, and offer resources that support a healthy and balanced lifestyle within your busy world as a healthcare provider.
EMS humorist, Steve Berry, BA, NREMT-P, is one our featured presenters. Steve has published 11 EMS related cartoon books since his escapades as a paramedic/EMS instructor began over30 years ago. Steve has written over 120 monthly humor columns for Jems magazine along with cartoon illustrations for Jems magazine. Steve will be presenting three general sessions on issues involving personal health and wellness within the EMS world.
Other presentation topics include:
• Care for the Care Giver
• Recognizing Child Abuse in the Field
• Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Public Safety
• Effectively Managing Behavioral Health High Utilizers
• Care Facilities: A Guide to the Problem and Solutions
• Prevailing and Emerging Infectious Diseases: What You Need to Know
• Practical Nutrition for the EMS Worker
• Human Trafficking for EMS Providers
• Tourniquet Use in the Pre-Hospital Setting
• Ending Suicide in Arizona
• Statewide Initiative for Prescription Drug Overdose
• Combat Medicine
• Changes in National Registry Paramedic Testing
• Dementia and First Responders: Making the Right Call
• Primary Blast Injuries: A Hollow Topic
• Demystifying Chest Trauma: Blunt vs Penetrating (Repeat Session)
• Southwest Critters: A Toxic Relationship
• Veterans Awareness Training for EMS Providers
• Challenges of Rural Trauma
EMS Odyssey Conference Registration & Discounted Rate
A discounted Earlybird rate is offered to all those who register online by April 30.
An additional discount is offered to those who are affiliated with *AEMS Dues Paying Member agencies/hospitals.
IF you choose to register online, and you are affiliated with a Dues paying member organization/hospital be sure to use the Discount Code = AEMS 2016
To register for the EMS Odyssey online, click here: http://aems.org/aems-events-calendar/ems-odyssey-conference
*One of the many benefits of being an AEMS member is a discounted conference registration rate for the EMS Odyssey Conference. If you are affiliated with a hospital/department-district/agency that is a dues paying member OR if you have provided an individual contribution, you are entitled to this discounted rate. The 2016 membership campaign is currently ongoing. If you do not find your agency/hospital listed in the brochure, please refer to the AEMS website for current list of members or contact your employer to determine if they are in the process of renewing their AEMS membership.
June 8 – Wednesday
Before the main conference event, we are once again offering a Pre-Conference. This year’s Pre-Conference will be held on June 8, 1:00-5:00 pm, also at the Desert Willow. Participants may choose from two focuses:
- Topic Focus #1: Human Trafficking for EMS Providers - During this four hour session, participants will learn how to identify victims of human trafficking, their associated health problems, and special considerations for this population.
- Topic Focus #2: EMS Kiddie Kamp - The purpose of the EMS Kiddie Kamp is to focus on a variety of topics concerning the pediatric patient. For this learning adventure, we will explore pediatric disaster preparedness, and those traumatic and psychological conditions that may arise in any disaster, and learn from the experts on how to cope with them.
NOTE: You may register for the Pre-Conference only OR the Conference only OR both.
To register online for the Pre-Conference / click here: http://aems.org/aems-events-calendar/ems-odyssey-conference/308-16th-annual-pre-conference
Download the brochure here.