Western Region Public Health Training Center (WRPHTC)
What is WRPHTC?
The Western Region Public Health Training Center (WRPHTC) is funded by HRSA to support the public health workforce in HRSA Region 9, which includes Arizona, California, Nevada, Hawaii and US Affiliated Pacific Islands.
Develop, provide and monitor need-based trainings for current and future community health workers and to strengthen their public health competencies. Also, provide additional expertise on nutrition, physical activity and obesity to the national network of PHTCs.
- Establish user groups for each performance site in AZTRAIN, a learning management system to provide online continuing education programs
- Customization and implementation of the online competency and training needs assessment using Qualtrics
- Tailored, competency-based training development and dissemination (online, in-person, webinar)
- Marketing and promoting trainings and other activities to public health workforce within State and local public health departments, critical access hospitals, and federally qualified health centers
- Developing outreach materials for diverse communities
- Collaborative development and implementation of case-based learning modules in Decision Simulation
- Placement of graduate MPH students for identified internship projects