Graham / Greenlee County DV and Sexual Assault Response Task Forces
The Graham/Greenlee Counties Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Response Task Forces are led by Ethel St Hilaire and Sandy Garza, of the Mount Graham Safe House. This project has worked to build and maintain coordinated community response to immigrant victims of violence since 2004. Since 2013 the project has worked to address services and training of service providers to respond to victims of sexual violence and establish county wide protocols. Greenlee County now meets on the second Wednesday every other month from 12:00-1:00 PM in Morenci, AZ. Graham County meets alternate months on Wednesdays or Thursdays from 1:00-2:00 PM at the General Services Building in Safford. Please check below for actual dates and times of upcoming meetings.
Training Opportunities available: Webinars, Local Trainings and National Conferences
Highlights / Resources
Sexual Assault Response Protocols in Progress! - Both Graham and Greenlee County are finalizing our formal, written protocols for coordinated response to victims and survivors of sexual violence. Contact your county's task force coordinator (information below) to see how you can get involved and represent your sector (law enforcement, county attorney, health care, behavioral health, victim services, etc.)
Sexual Assault Response Teams Awareness Video: Through a grant awarded by Office for Victims of Crime (OVC), the SANE-SART Resource Service has created a video titled Break the Silence. The video is available to persons interested in creating a sexual assault response team in their community and in educating potential team members, management, and the community about the value of having such a team in a neighborhood.
If you are a part of the criminal justice response system you may want to check out the Start By Believing Campaign to learn more about how your response can make a significant impact on victims who reach out for help.
For information about how to promote or participate in SAAM visit the National Sexual Violence Resource Center’s SAAM Page.
Ethel St Hilaire - Greenlee County
Mount Graham Safe House
Sandy Garza - Graham County
Mount Graham Safe House
928-348-9104 / 888-269-9104
- Greenlee County DV Task Force, November 4, 12:00-1:00PM New Beginnings Church kitchen, Morenci, AZ
- Graham Rural PATHS, December 9, 1:00-2:00 PM, General Services Building (Safford)
- Mount Graham Safe House
- Mount Graham Regional Medical Center
- Greenlee County Sheriff's Department
- Graham County Sheriff's Department
- Clifton Police Department
- Greenlee County Attorney's Office
- South Eastern Arizona Behavioral Health Services (SEABHS)
- Gila Health Urgent Care
- Church of New Beginnings (Morenci)
- Freeport MacMoran Human Resources
- Southern Arizona Legal Aid (SALA)
- Greenlee County Health Department
- Department of Economic Security (DES)
- Graham County Public Library
- Clifton Library