It's time to reserve your spot for the annual Rural Health Data Summit. The registration page is open (https://goo.gl/U6ZuHZ), and the hotel is ready to accept your calls and clicks… (888-613-9622, or https://goo.gl/v1Z12y).
The Summit is designed for two audiences: primarily the data analysts and managers, who understand and use rural health data regularly. Secondarily, program managers and directors who make strategic decisions on the use of data, and who are willing to go deep on these topics. This is not an introduction to using data, but a place for intermediate data users to share ideas with each other and help step up our game.
The Summit begins Monday night, August 21st, with two full days of content (Aug 22-23). Given its remote location and our plan to adjourn at the end of Wednesday the 22nd, we recommend departing Thursday the 24th. Registration and hotel info is included below.
PLEASE BOOK YOUR ROOM SOON, as we have only reserved a limited number to keep costs low. This is a popular destination for tourists, so delaying is not in your best interest…
The Summit will be held in Estes Park, Colorado this year, at the YMCA of the Rockies. It’s an unusual location, but the area is gorgeous and it’s the cheapest location we found by far in all our searching.
There’s a shuttle from the Denver airport, leaving 6x/day, or it’d be a great opportunity to rent a car, as the YMCA is located right next to the Rocky Mtn National Park. More on the YMCA below. Please note, Estes Park is a 1 hour and 40 minute ride from the Denver airport.
Our agenda is intended to be participatory as a group, learning from each other as peers. It will include the following sections:
- Techniques demos. Please email your requests; ideas so far are Creating Visualizations in Excel, Illustrator Basics, and Data Cleaning/Formatting/Pivot Table tips and tricks.
- Show and Tell. Back by popular demand, presentations by participants of their favorite projects from the year. Lots to learn from each other in the 'how did you do that' discussion afterward!
- Top 5 Resources for Inspiration and Information. Where we turn for good ideas, and our go-to websites and blogs.
- Ask the Group. Bring the questions you've had trouble answering in your own work, and take advantage of 35 informed opinions.
- Rural Health Data Trends. How funders' requests for data, and SORH use of data, have changed since last year, and what to expect ahead. Group discussion on how to promote best practices and move the industry forward.
The YMCA is a historic camp in the Rockies, first established in 1908. There are various lodging options, from hotel-like “lodges” (where we’re staying), to dorm buildings for youth groups, and cabins with kitchens perfect for families. There are dozens of activities, like horse-riding, zip lining, hiking, climbing walls and pools, rafting, arts and crafts, sports, and yoga.
Four miles away, the town of Estes Park has great restaurants, coffee shops, shops, and galleries. It’s a beautiful mountain town, and a very popular destination for tourists. Five miles in the other direction takes you to the headquarters of the Rocky Mtn National Park, with over 400 square miles of stunning views and hikes. We pack two full days in, so make sure to arrive the day before (Mon) and leave the day after (Thurs).
The hotel rooms are $155/night, and the registration cost is $125. The registration fee includes all meals - starting with dinner on the 21st, and ending with lunch on the 24th.
- TO REGISTER, go to our online form: https://goo.gl/U6ZuHZ
- To book your hotel room call (888) 613-9622 and use the group code "University of WI", or register online using this link: https://goo.gl/v1Z12y
PLEASE BOOK YOUR ROOM SOON, as we have only reserved a limited number to keep costs low. This is a popular destination for tourists, so reserve your spot today!