Conference on Community Engagement and Healthcare Improvement
Connecting Research, Practice and Community for Improved Outcomes
Registration is now open
Registration fee: $500 Fee will increase on August 1st to $575
Click here to go to the conference site
What to expect at the conference?
- Focus on healthcare improvement through community engagement, research and quality improvement initiatives
Develop practical strategies to engage patients and communities
- In your research
- In your practice
- Connect with peers in the “Knowledge Market” accelerate practice transformation
- Learn from your colleagues… best abstracts from around the nation selected for podium presentations
- Learn from the experts…featured speakers discuss patient-center outcomes research initiatives, translational science, quality improvement, and more
- Partner to develop interprofessional programs and expand networks.
Conference Learning Outcomes:
- Adapt and apply identified strategies for improving or building an emphasis on evidence-based practice and quality improvement within their healthcare organizations.
- Develop strategies for increased patient and community engagement for all types and levels of healthcare.
- Compare and contrast the benefits of community and patient engagement within research efforts, direct clinical environments and policy development.
- Build capacity for interprofessional teams prepared to lead community-guided health care where patients, families and health care teams meet.
- Recognize the role of collaborative, community partnerships in policy making..
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio School of Nursing is an approved provider by the Texas State Board of Social Workers Examiners.
More information/registration: http://www.nursing.uthscsa.edu/ce/conference.aspx