COVID-19 Disparities and Vaccine Hesitancy: Moving Toward Health Equity
South West Collaboration: University of Nevada, University of Arizona, University of New Mexico, University of Colorado Presents:
Webinar: Tuesday, February 16, 2021 1:00-2:30 PM MST
To Register: https://aztelemedicine.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_bCl7nnZqQmeQtIV8iRgJOg
Moderator: Anayansi Lombardero, PhD - University of Nevada Reno
- Valerie Madera-Garcia, MPH - University of Arizona, Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health
- Francisco Lucio, JD – University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix
- Valerie Romero-Leggott, MD - University of New Mexico
- Amira del Pino-Jones, MD - University of Colorado
- Nicole Jacobs, PhD - University of Nevada, School of Medicine
- Ricardo Correa, MD, EdD - University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix
- Joshua Lee, MD - University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson
1. To describe the COVID-19 state in the underserved population
2. To describe the COVID-19 vaccine in the underserved population
3. To understand the health disparities in Native American, Latina and Black/African American population
4. To provide a call to action of strategies that can be done to decrease the gap in healthcare
This session will be open to clinicians, residents, students and all others.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of The University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson and The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix. The University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Dr. Leung has disclosed that she is a consultant for Vertice Pharma. Her presentation was reviewed, and the content found to be evidence-based, balanced, and non-promotional. All other faculty, CME Planning Committee Members, and the CME Office Reviewers have disclosed that they have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests that would constitute a conflict of interest concerning this CME activity.