Overdose Prevention, Recognition and Response Training - Zoom
This is a training geared towards Professionals, those working with People Who Use Drugs, working with people with Substance Use Disorder, healthcare professionals, behavioral health and treatment providers, social workers, teachers and students.
Naloxone (Narcan) is an easy-to-use medication that when administered in time, can prevent death due to opioid overdose. Common opioids include heroin, OxyContin, codeine, Percocet, and Vicodin.
Participants of this training will learn:
- Overdose Trends, Nationally and Locally here in AZ
- The basics of Harm Reduction
- Fentanyl: Myth and reality
- Overdose Prevention Strategies
- Arizona Naloxone laws
- How to recognize if someone is overdosing
- How Naloxone reverses an overdose
- How to respond to an opioid overdose using Naloxone
- How to create an overdose plan
Join Zoom Meeting
Register here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xVbb1FhfGZuDhRAR8YMM4OpJY9Z-aiHkJd5nlSgcUyY/edit?usp=sharing