Prescription Drug Misuse & Abuse Initiative
AzCRH works with the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) and the UA College of Medicine, Office of Continuing Medical Education (CME) to create and market free online continuing medical education for Arizona prescribers (available at www.vlh.com/azprescribing/). The Governor’s Office for Children, Faith and Families, the Arizona Criminal Justice Commission, ADHS, and the Arizona Substance Abuse Partnership launched the Arizona Prescription Drug Misuse and Abuse Initiative in 2012. AzCRH continues to develop training modules with funding from ADHS and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Take the FREE Rx Opioids CME HERE.
- Request Naloxone training and Naloxone supplies from Sonoran Prevention Works.
- Access the Arizona Opioid Prescribing Guidelines HERE
- Request Arizona Opioid Prescribing Guideline hard copies from Alyssa Padilla, email@example.com, (520) 626-4439.
Care to learn more? Check out the Prescription Drug Misuse & Abuse Initiative page and toolkit HERE. Scroll down to Strategies 1 to 5.
Southern Arizona Opioid Abuse
Prevention Symposium-Event Content-9/15/17
Download Symposium Presentations:
- Reducing Opioid Deaths: Arizona’s Emergency Declaration & Response, Sheila Sjolander
- The Burden of Opioid Use/Misuse in Pima County, Francisco García, MD, MPH
- Opioid Addiction in Pregnancy, Gina Connelly, MD
- Developmental trauma ACE study, Bennett Davis, MD
- Opioid Abuse Prevention, Aram Mardian, MD
- Prescribing Guidelines and Best Practices, Randa M. Kutob, MD, MPH
- WeCare Teen Challenge of Arizona, Rev. David Wilinski
- Pathways to Long-Term Recovery: Overdose Prevention and Syringe Access, Stacey Cope
- Controlled Substances Prescription Monitoring Program, Cindi Hunter
- Why pay for Continuing Education when you can get it for FREE!?, Alyssa Padilla
- Arizona Rx Toolkit for Communities, Amy Bass
- The AZ Rx Misuse & Abuse Initiative Toolkit, Raul Munoz
- The Dispose-A-Med Program, Karin Merritt
- Be Med Smart, Gretha Sicobo
- How childhood trauma affects health across a lifetime, Nadine Burke Harris (YouTube)
- David's Story with Christ through Teen Challenge, David Wilinski (YouTube)