Prescription Drug Misuse & Abuse Initiative
AzCRH works with the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) and the UA College of Medicine, Office of Continuing Medical Education (CME) to create and market free online continuing medical education for Arizona prescribers (available at www.vlh.com/azprescribing/). The Governor’s Office for Children, Faith and Families, the Arizona Criminal Justice Commission, ADHS, and the Arizona Substance Abuse Partnership launched the Arizona Prescription Drug Misuse and Abuse Initiative in 2012. AzCRH continues to develop training modules with funding from ADHS and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Take the FREE Rx Opioids CME HERE
- Request Naloxone training and Naloxone supplies from Sonoran Prevention Works
- Review the SAMHSA First Responders Initiative HERE
- Access the Arizona Opioid Prescribing Guidelines HERE
- Find AZ opioid use data HERE
- Review the Arizona Opioid Epidemic Act HERE
- Review the 2017 Arizona Opioid Abuse Prevention Symposium presentations HERE
- Request Arizona Opioid Prescribing Guideline hard copies from Alyssa Padilla, firstname.lastname@example.org, (520) 626-4439.
- Arizona Prescription Drug Misuse and Abuse Toolkit (scroll down to strategies 1-5) HERE
- Opioid Epidemic Practical Toolkit: Helping Faith and Community Leaders Bring Hope and Healing to Our Communities HERE