AzCRH works with the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) and the UA College of Medicine, Office of Continuing Medical Education (CME) to create and market the CME Safe and Effective Opioid Prescribing While Managing Acute and Chronic Pain and other online modules, including an upcoming Prescription Drug 101 training for physicians. The Governor’s Office for Children, Faith and Families, the Arizona Criminal Justice Commission, ADHS, and the Arizona Substance Abuse Partnership launched the Arizona Prescription Drug Misuse and Abuse Initiative in 2012. AzCRH continues to develop training modules with funding from ADHS and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Take the FREE Rx Opioids CME HERE.
- Attend the Southern Arizona Opioid Abuse Prevention Symposium. Register HERE.
- Request Naloxone training and Naloxone supplies from Sonoran Prevention Works.
- Access the Arizona Opioid Prescribing Guidelines HERE
- Request Arizona Opioid Prescribing Guideline hard copies from Alyssa Padilla, firstname.lastname@example.org, (520) 626-4439.
Care to learn more? Check out the Prescription Drug Misuse & Abuse Initiative page and toolkit HERE. Scroll down to Strategies 1 to 5.