AzCRH works with the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) and the UA College of Medicine, Office of Continuing Medical Education (CME) to create and market the CME Safe and Effective Opioid Prescribing While Managing Acute and Chronic Pain and other online modules, including an upcoming Prescription Drug 101 training for prescribers. The Governor’s Office for Youth, Faith and Families, the Arizona Criminal Justice Commission, ADHS, and the Arizona Substance Abuse Partnership launched the Arizona Prescription Drug Misuse and Abuse Initiative in 2012. AzCRH continues to develop training modules with funding from ADHS and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Take the FREE Rx Opioids CME HERE.
- Watch the AzCRH Webinar: Implementing Harm Reduction to Combat the Opioid Epidemic in Rural AZ HERE.
- Attend Arizona's Opioid Epidemic: Evidence-Interventions-Policy event 9/28/17. Register HERE.
- Attend Keeping Communities Whole through Collaborative Partnerships III event 11/2/17. Register HERE.
- Attend the 2nd Annual Arizona Opioid Summit 2/14/18-2/16/18, Tempe, AZ. Register HERE.
- Request Naloxone training and Naloxone supplies from Sonoran Prevention Works.
- Access the Arizona Opioid Prescribing Guidelines HERE
- Review Chronic Pain Treatment options HERE.
- Request Arizona Opioid Prescribing Guideline hard copies from Alyssa Padilla, firstname.lastname@example.org, (520) 626-4439.
Care to learn more? Check out the Prescription Drug Misuse & Abuse Initiative page and toolkit HERE. Scroll down to Strategies 1 to 5.
Download Symposium Presentations:
- Reducing Opioid Deaths: Arizona’s Emergency Declaration & Response, Sheila Sjolander
- The Burden of Opioid Use/Misuse in Pima County, Francisco García, MD, MPH
- Opioid Addiction in Pregnancy, Gina Connelly, MD
- Developmental trauma ACE study, Bennett Davis, MD
- Opioid Abuse Prevention, Aram Mardian, MD
- Prescribing Guidelines and Best Practices, Randa M. Kutob, MD, MPH
- WeCare Teen Challenge of Arizona, Rev. David Wilinski
- Pathways to Long-Term Recovery: Overdose Prevention and Syringe Access, Stacey Cope
- Controlled Substances Prescription Monitoring Program, Cindi Hunter
- Why pay for Continuing Education when you can get it for FREE!?, Alyssa Padilla
- Arizona Rx Toolkit for Communities, Amy Bass
- The AZ Rx Misuse & Abuse Initiative Toolkit, Raul Munoz
- The Dispose-A-Med Program, Karin Merritt
- Be Med Smart, Gretha Sicobo
- How childhood trauma affects health across a lifetime, Nadine Burke Harris (YouTube)
- David's Story with Christ through Teen Challenge, David Wilinski (YouTube)