The Arizona Center for Rural Health staff work with professional, graduate and undergraduate students to complete internship projects or staff opportunities impacting rural and urban underserved areas. Students can conduct a community assessment for use in developing a program plan; design, implement, and evaluate a health education program for a selected target population in the community; research and produce draft public health legislation that impacts a community, or complete biostatistical analysis and prepare quantitative public health data reports.
- Community Health Needs Assessments
- Literature Reviews and Research
- Project SHARE Coordination, Assessment, and Marketing
- Coalition Participation
- Event and training logistics coordination
- Monthly Webinar Scheduling
- Critical Access Hospital Bypass Reports
- Marketing and Social Media Development
- Blogs, newsletters, and reports publishing
- Evaluation Coordinator - Collaborate with the Comprehensive Pain and Addiction Center to evaluate Project FUTRE and support efforts for both Project FUTRE and CPAC at large. POSITION CLOSED.
- SHARE Coordinator - The AzCRH SHARE Coordinator will help the Center coordinate, assess, and improve education and evaluation content for Students Helping Arizona Register Everyone (Project SHARE), a student group that trains health professional students about health insurance coverage basics and resources. POSITION CLOSED.
NOTE: The AzCRH student application portal accepts general applications on a rolling basis. Specific positions open and close periodically, as they become available and are filled. Thank you for your patience in this process. Students have "Allowable Work Hours" that range from 20 to 35 hours per week. If a student has a GA/TAship or work study, the student's total weekly hours must be within the max "Allowable Work Hours." For more information about Student A/B/C hours and policies and to see if you qualify to apply, click HERE.
Internship Title: Accessibility Coordinator, Fall 2020- Spring 2021
Supervisor: Bridget Murphy
Projects Completed at AzCRH: Ensured training materials for AZMAT Mentors program were culturally and linguistically appropriate while ensuring accessibility. As well as work on a manuscript based off of the work I did. Created captioning for training videos. Researched MAT program recommendations.
Advice for Future Interns: "Be open and not so niche oriented because you might pass up an amazing opportunity."
Internship Title: Technical Assistance Coordinator, Spring & Summer 2021
Supervisor: Bridget Murphy
Projects Completed at AzCRH: Work on annotated bibliography, literature review webinar and support.
Advice for Future Interns: "Look for an internship that aligns with your career goals, they will help you align the future and pave roads for success."
Internship Title: Evaluation of AzMAT Mentors Program to Increase Medication-Assisted treatment Services for Opioid Use Disorder in Arizona.
Supervisor: Ben Brady
Projects Completed at AzCRH: AzMAT Mentors - Internship video is used to share program results with AzMAT Mentors Program providers and an evaluation results infographic.