State Office of Rural Health
The Arizona Center for Rural Health (AzCRH) is federally designated as the Arizona State Office of Rural Health (since 1990). AzSORH addresses ongoing and emerging rural health needs and is funded by the state of Arizona and the US Department of Health & Human Services, Health Resources & Services Administration, Federal Office of Rural Health Policy.
AzSORH links rural communities with state and federal resources to develop long-term partnerships and solutions to improve rural health.
Make a Difference in Rural & Connect with Your State Office of Rural Health
State Offices of Rural Health (SORHs) are a unique federal-state partnership to help improve the health of rural communities.
What Can a State Office of Rural Health Do for You?
- Connections — Support establishment of connections with key collaborators such as health department programs, academic institutions, non-profit organizations and federal agencies, which can assist you to organize, convene and find resources to improve rural health.
- Information — Help to find and access data on population health, vital statistics (infant mortality, life expectancy, etc.), health access, chronic disease, behavioral health indicators or quality of care to document needs and measure impact.
- Assistance — Assist with community health project ideas, policy solutions and referrals to resources to help ensure quality care, increase access, support workforce initiatives and improve the health of your rural community.
AzSORH collaborates with the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health, the National Rural Health Association and the Arizona Rural Health Association and other agencies, entities and stakeholders. » Download AzSORH Fast Facts
- CRH Newsletters – monthly topics and updates relating to rural health
- AzSORH Monthly Webinars – provide technical assistance, research, policy, and best practices on rural health issues in Arizona and nationally. We highly encourage those working in Critical Assess Hospitals, federal qualified health centers and county and state health offices to participate.
» View upcoming and download past webinars
- RURAL WOMEN'S HEALTH INITIATIVE
- RURAL HEALTH GRANTS TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- SORH EVENTS ARCHIVE