The University of Arizona wins White House Healthy Campus Challenge thanks to efforts by Project SHARE and Campus Health!!
The Center for Rural Health (CRH) is recruiting Phoenix & Tucson health professional students to participate in SHARE. This is an opportunity for healthcare and public health students to 1) train as a Certified Application Counselor, 2) learn to navigate the healthcare system, and 3) be a leader for health. Training and certificates provided by the Regional Center for Border Health, Inc. (RCBH), in collaboration with the Western Region Public Health Training Center (WRPHTC).
Throughout the certificate year, SHARE participates in enrollment events, outreach fairs and weekly SHARE office hours to reach the uninsured and under-insured. SHARE helps consumers understand health insurance coverage at events held across Pima and Maricopa County. Students also help market the program and events within their designated colleges.
This is an 10 month commitment with occasional, part-time hours (30-45 hours total) from August 2017 to May 2018.
SHARE Training Dates: Occasional Wednesdays, 12-12:50 & online, self-paced
Application Deadline: August 2017 (application available June 2017)
Ideal Applicant must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and a U.S. Citizen.
- Be an upper division student in one of the health professional colleges (Public Health, Medicine, Nursing or Pharmacy) or 4th year undergraduate public health, nursing, pre-pharmacy or pre-medicine student.
- Be a University of Arizona student during Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 and have a UA Net ID and password.
- Participate in SHARE on an occasional, part-time basis (30-45 hours at minimum)
- Complete all required SHARE quality improvement tests (pre/posttest, etc.) by specified deadlines as instructed by the SHARE Leaders and Special Projects Coordinator.
- Complete all Certified Application Counselor online training (10-15 hours).
- Be available for all specified training dates (to be determined)
- Submit appropriate fingerprinting and Arizona Department of Insurance licensing paperwork.
- Be able to apply for an Arizona Department of Insurance license. See ADOI website for requirements.
- Participate in enrollment events, SHARE office hours and outreach events October 2017 to May 2018 (10+hours).
- Promote program opportunities to your college.
- Abide by HIPAA regulations and keep all personally identifiable information secure.
- Medicine: CUP hours (Potential CUP Leadership roles) & CHIP hours (Potential CHIP Leadership roles)
- Pharmacy, Public Health, Nursing, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Pharmacy: 1 unit Special Topics (Fall 2017 & Spring 2018)* & Community Service Hours
*1 Unit Special Topics requires 45 hours/semester and course registration permission.
- AHCCCS Application: www.healthearizonaplus.gov/
- AZ Marketplace Application : https://www.healthcare.gov/
- AZ Marketplace Application (Spanish): https://www.cuidadodesalud.gov/
- Schedule an appointment with a Certified Assister (Navigator or Certified Application Counselor): http://coveraz.org/connector/
- Everything you need to know about health insurance: http://www.healthreformbeyondthebasics.org/
For more information or to request an ACA 101 presentation, contact:
Joseph Moseley, SHARE Leader-Phoenix | firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicole Lorona, SHARE Leader-Tucson | email@example.com