Rural Health Grants
A hospital's relationship with its community is an integral part of its ability to serve residents and improve their access to healthcare. Since 1995, MultiPlan's Rural Health Outreach Grant Program has awarded over $490,000 to help rural hospitals reach out with programs and services that address the healthcare needs of their communities.
- Applying hospitals must meet these requirements to be eligible for a Rural Health Outreach Grant:
- The applicant must be a participating provider of the MultiPlan, PHCS, HealthEOS, Beech Street or Texas True Choice networks.
- The applicant must be a hospital in a rural area with population less than 1,000 persons per square mile.
- The facility must provide acute care.
- The facility must be considered an inpatient hospital.
2015 recipient: Northern Cochise Community Hospital in Willcox, Arizona. This 24 bed inpatient Critical Access Hospital is seeking Pediatric Prepared Emergency Care Certification, making them the only hospital within a 90 mile radius to hold such credentials. They will be using the grant money to purchase equipment for their pediatric facility.